Saturday, December 24, 2011

Day 6: Violet - Maybelline Express Finish: Purple Passion

Day 6 celebrates the awesomeness that is purple, so I present to you Maybelline Express Finish's Purple Passion, a very old polish that I've had in my stash a long time.


Yes, it really is that shiny in person! This is three coats with no top coat. Actually, this is the second day of this manicure; day one was just two coats, but since my Purple Passion is old, it's "express" isn't what it's cracked up to be. I had a few dents here and there where I had hit my nails against things. So, on day two, I painted on another coat and took these pictures. ;)


And since it's almost Christmas, I decided to try a few different festive designs. I'm only showing you the two candy cane stripes since of the 10 things I tried, these are the only two that are worth sharing:


The white stripes were made using LA Colors Nail Art striping polish, and the purple stripes were made using Kiss's lavender striping polish. I like the way the purple-on-purple stripes look, but you can see how messed up the nails are, so I just removed all this pretty purple and moved on to the next day's challenge.

Sigh.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

animal print (1) Art Deco (1) black (2) blue (4) cat (1) China Glaze (1) Christmas (6) chromatic misadventures (1) chrome (1) cigarettes (1) Color Club (4) Confetti (2) copper (1) Cover Girl (1) crackle (3) day1 (1) day10 (1) day11 (1) day12 (1) day2 (1) day3 (1) day4 (1) day5 (1) day6 (1) day7 (1) day8 (1) day9 (1) Del Sol (2) delicate (1) Duracolor (1) Duracolour (1) eBay (1) Essie (1) fauxnad (1) flowers (1) Funky Fingers (1) giveaway (3) glitter (1) gold (1) gradient (1) green (6) grey (1) haul (2) intro (1) Kiss (1) Konad (1) LA Colors (6) LaRosa (1) library (1) m73 (1) maybelline (2) metallic (1) music (1) nail art stamping (2) nail art stickers (3) nail stamping (1) nail stickers (3) nail strips (1) Nailene (1) natural nails (1) not nail polish (4) nyan (1) nyancat (1) NYC (2) off topic (1) OPI (5) orange (2) orly (1) penguins (1) pink (3) polka dots (1) Pretty Woman (2) Pure Ice Crackle (1) purple (6) rainbow (1) rant (1) reblog (1) red (5) Red Angel (1) rules (1) Sally Hansen (2) Salon Express (1) Shades of the Season (1) shatter (2) silver (1) smoke (1) smokes (1) smoking (1) socks (1) songs (1) stripes (1) teal (2) tribal (1) tribal print (1) Ulta (1) violet (1) water decal (1) Wet n Wild (3) white (2) WSSU (1) yellow (2) youtube (1) zebra (1)