Friday, December 16, 2011

Day 4: Green - Sally Hansen Quick Color: Green Chrome

Thanks to a tip from Nouveau Cheap, I was able to find this awesome green from Sally Hansen at Big Lots. Yup, Big Lots -- one of my top two favorite stores (it's tied with Dollar Tree for numero uno). My dad once said, "How can you get this close to a Big Lots and NOT go in?!?" I totally agree.


I got one of each color they had since they were just $1.50 each. I'd never used the nail pens before Thanksgiving, but they work great. I painted my nails with the red chrome while standing outside in the cold Thanksgiving night waiting for Toys R Us to open for their Black Friday sales. I just shook up the pen, pumped the end a few times, and had shiny red-pink nails in just a few minutes. Granted, doing a manicure before an insane all-night shopping trip might not be on your to-do list, but if you're in a rush, I highly recommend these Sally Hansen pens -- especially if you can find them at Big Lots. I also saw these at my local Dollar Tree recently, and they had the blue chrome there that Big Lots hadn't, so of course I had to buy it. =)



The only problem I had with this green was the brush. Look at this mess. What the hell, Sally?


And since I painted these in a hurry at the library, I decided to try a new crackle polish over top of the green for day two of this manicure. I used Funky Fingers: Teal Scales, which I got for about $3 at a store called Five Below, a discount store similar to Big Lots and Dollar Tree, but nothing costs more than $5.


Too bad the shimmer doesn't show up on the nails as well as it does in the bottle.


So, have I inspired you to go to Big Lots, Dollar Tree, or Five Below? I usually have really good luck finding interesting nail polishes there. How about you?





1 comment:

  1. I love all three stores, when i lived in Maryland i used to go to Five Below it was really closed to where i used to live. I haven't found a Five Below close to where i live now :( I like the green polish, it looks pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete

Labels

animal print (1) Art Deco (1) black (2) blue (4) cat (1) China Glaze (1) Christmas (6) chromatic misadventures (1) chrome (1) cigarettes (1) Color Club (4) Confetti (2) copper (1) Cover Girl (1) crackle (3) day1 (1) day10 (1) day11 (1) day12 (1) day2 (1) day3 (1) day4 (1) day5 (1) day6 (1) day7 (1) day8 (1) day9 (1) Del Sol (2) delicate (1) Duracolor (1) Duracolour (1) eBay (1) Essie (1) fauxnad (1) flowers (1) Funky Fingers (1) giveaway (3) glitter (1) gold (1) gradient (1) green (6) grey (1) haul (2) intro (1) Kiss (1) Konad (1) LA Colors (6) LaRosa (1) library (1) m73 (1) maybelline (2) metallic (1) music (1) nail art stamping (2) nail art stickers (3) nail stamping (1) nail stickers (3) nail strips (1) Nailene (1) natural nails (1) not nail polish (4) nyan (1) nyancat (1) NYC (2) off topic (1) OPI (5) orange (2) orly (1) penguins (1) pink (3) polka dots (1) Pretty Woman (2) Pure Ice Crackle (1) purple (6) rainbow (1) rant (1) reblog (1) red (5) Red Angel (1) rules (1) Sally Hansen (2) Salon Express (1) Shades of the Season (1) shatter (2) silver (1) smoke (1) smokes (1) smoking (1) socks (1) songs (1) stripes (1) teal (2) tribal (1) tribal print (1) Ulta (1) violet (1) water decal (1) Wet n Wild (3) white (2) WSSU (1) yellow (2) youtube (1) zebra (1)