Saturday, December 17, 2011

Day 5: Blue - OPI: Just Groovy

Today's color is blue, and instead of a bright primary blue, I picked out this Smurfy OPI color: Just Groovy. It's a pastel blue that I decided to use as a base for a wintery holiday design. First, here's Just Groovy by itself:


I love OPI nail polish. This color went on opaque in just one coat! Me gusta.



Oh, look! Are those penguins in the background?! Yup! Apparently, every nail blogger and her momma has done a penguin design this holiday season. I had a few penguin nail art stickers, so here's what I came up with:


I added white to the tips for snow banks, then stuck on my penguins. I then layered some glittery top coat, then stuck my hand in the Christmas tree for this photo. The white I used was a no-name piece of junk that ended up being a hot mess to work with. The Seche Vite shrank the edges, which I've never had happen before. No me gusta. I left this design on a couple of days, but the polish started peeling off. Bye-bye, penguins.

Have you tried a penguin design for the holidays yet? How did yours turn out?

1 comment:

  1. I love the penguins!!! I haven't tried it, but i just might!!!

    ReplyDelete

Labels

animal print (1) Art Deco (1) black (2) blue (4) cat (1) China Glaze (1) Christmas (6) chromatic misadventures (1) chrome (1) cigarettes (1) Color Club (4) Confetti (2) copper (1) Cover Girl (1) crackle (3) day1 (1) day10 (1) day11 (1) day12 (1) day2 (1) day3 (1) day4 (1) day5 (1) day6 (1) day7 (1) day8 (1) day9 (1) Del Sol (2) delicate (1) Duracolor (1) Duracolour (1) eBay (1) Essie (1) fauxnad (1) flowers (1) Funky Fingers (1) giveaway (3) glitter (1) gold (1) gradient (1) green (6) grey (1) haul (2) intro (1) Kiss (1) Konad (1) LA Colors (6) LaRosa (1) library (1) m73 (1) maybelline (2) metallic (1) music (1) nail art stamping (2) nail art stickers (3) nail stamping (1) nail stickers (3) nail strips (1) Nailene (1) natural nails (1) not nail polish (4) nyan (1) nyancat (1) NYC (2) off topic (1) OPI (5) orange (2) orly (1) penguins (1) pink (3) polka dots (1) Pretty Woman (2) Pure Ice Crackle (1) purple (6) rainbow (1) rant (1) reblog (1) red (5) Red Angel (1) rules (1) Sally Hansen (2) Salon Express (1) Shades of the Season (1) shatter (2) silver (1) smoke (1) smokes (1) smoking (1) socks (1) songs (1) stripes (1) teal (2) tribal (1) tribal print (1) Ulta (1) violet (1) water decal (1) Wet n Wild (3) white (2) WSSU (1) yellow (2) youtube (1) zebra (1)