Friday, December 9, 2011

Day 3: Yellow - Orly: Hook Up

Here's a bright yellow polish for you, Orly's Hook Up. I painted my nails with this in one of the study rooms at the library at Winston-Salem State University while I was procrastinating working on a paper. See those books?
 

I got this Orly mini last fall when I was trying to find the perfect yellow for a candy corn manicure. Unfortunately, this isn't it. The polish looks great from afar, but it went on really streaky. And then when I went to remove the polish, it stained my nails so bad I looked like I had some nail disease. Not cool.

Here you can see how the polish bubbled up on my ring finger:




So overall, the yellow does look nice, but it takes about three coats to be opaque, which is a major pain in the ass. I'm still on the hunt for a great yellow; I've only got five bottles of yellow polish, but none of them really do it for me. Frowny face!



1 comment:

  1. I actually like the way it looks on your nails; however, I don't think it would look good on me lol

    ReplyDelete

Labels

animal print (1) Art Deco (1) black (2) blue (4) cat (1) China Glaze (1) Christmas (6) chromatic misadventures (1) chrome (1) cigarettes (1) Color Club (4) Confetti (2) copper (1) Cover Girl (1) crackle (3) day1 (1) day10 (1) day11 (1) day12 (1) day2 (1) day3 (1) day4 (1) day5 (1) day6 (1) day7 (1) day8 (1) day9 (1) Del Sol (2) delicate (1) Duracolor (1) Duracolour (1) eBay (1) Essie (1) fauxnad (1) flowers (1) Funky Fingers (1) giveaway (3) glitter (1) gold (1) gradient (1) green (6) grey (1) haul (2) intro (1) Kiss (1) Konad (1) LA Colors (6) LaRosa (1) library (1) m73 (1) maybelline (2) metallic (1) music (1) nail art stamping (2) nail art stickers (3) nail stamping (1) nail stickers (3) nail strips (1) Nailene (1) natural nails (1) not nail polish (4) nyan (1) nyancat (1) NYC (2) off topic (1) OPI (5) orange (2) orly (1) penguins (1) pink (3) polka dots (1) Pretty Woman (2) Pure Ice Crackle (1) purple (6) rainbow (1) rant (1) reblog (1) red (5) Red Angel (1) rules (1) Sally Hansen (2) Salon Express (1) Shades of the Season (1) shatter (2) silver (1) smoke (1) smokes (1) smoking (1) socks (1) songs (1) stripes (1) teal (2) tribal (1) tribal print (1) Ulta (1) violet (1) water decal (1) Wet n Wild (3) white (2) WSSU (1) yellow (2) youtube (1) zebra (1)